News – the results for the judging of the 2018 Civic Award are now in.
Melbourne Civic Society is a local amenity society and registered charity. It was founded in 1974 in response to the threatened destruction of Chantry House in Church Street.
The Society now has nearly 200 members and actively campaigns to preserve and improve the environment in Melbourne and Kings Newton.
Current activities include:
• Monthly talks on environmental and historical topics; also social events and visits
• Regular expert input to the local authority on planning applications
• Monitoring of airport development and noise
• Conservation work, including maintenance of the Holy Well
• Tree and bulb planting and a bi-annual litter pick
• Annual award for the best new building, restoration scheme or landscape conservation
• Publication of a quarterly newsletter
• Exhibitions based on an extensive photographic archive.
Please also see our Facebook page.
Registered charity no. 1108835
Affiliated to Civic Voice.