The 2017 Civic Award results have been added – see tab (April 2017).
The 2017/18 schedule of talks has been added to the Programme Page (April 2017).
Please also visit our Facebook Page for up to date information about our work.
Melbourne Civic Society is a local amenity society and registered charity. It was founded in 1974 in response to the threatened destruction of Chantry House in Church Street.
The Society now has nearly 200 members and actively campaigns to preserve and improve the environment in Melbourne and Kings Newton.
Current activities include:
• Monthly talks on environmental and historical topics; also social events and visits
• Regular expert input to the local authority on planning applications
• Monitoring of airport development and noise
• Conservation work, including maintenance of the Holy Well
• Tree and bulb planting and a bi-annual litter pick
• Annual award for the best new building, restoration scheme or landscape conservation
• Publication of a quarterly newsletter
• Exhibitions based on an extensive photographic archive.
Affiliated to Civic Voice.
Site last updated: April 4, 2017 - 6:45 am