****If we don’t have your email address can you let us have it by emailing our Secretary here. The latest Newsletter will be emailed out****
****All meetings cancelled until further notice****
Visit our Facebook page for latest events and news.
Melbourne Civic Society is a local amenity society and registered charity. It was founded in 1974 in response to the threatened destruction of Chantry House in Church Street.
The Society now has nearly 200 members and actively campaigns to preserve and improve the environment in Melbourne and Kings Newton.
Current activities include:
• Monthly talks on environmental and historical topics; also social events and visits
• Regular expert input to the local authority on planning applications
• Monitoring of airport development and noise
• Conservation work, including maintenance of the Holy Well
• Tree and bulb planting and a bi-annual litter pick
• Annual award for the best new building, restoration scheme or landscape conservation
• Publication of a quarterly newsletter
• Exhibitions based on an extensive photographic archive.
Registered charity no. 1108835
Affiliated to Civic Voice.